We promote walkable communities and empower people throughout Washington to connect to the world by foot.
People walking every day for their health, transportation, environment, community and pleasure.
- Identify and empower community leaders to mobilize people to take action to promote walkable communities.
- Inform and motivate policy makers to make decisions that favor and prioritize funding and policies for walkable neighborhoods.
- Energize and inform Puget Sound residents about walkabilty issues through educational, interesting and interactive means.
- Provide programs, tools and infrastructure to measurably increase walking.
- Secure adequate resources and partnerships to sustain the organization and achieve its mission.
- Cultivate a dynamic, diverse and active cohort excited to call themselves Feet First members.
Read our Strategic Plan (2012 – 2015)