Feet First is Hiring Contract Trainer for Pedestrian Safety Education
Feet First, the leading nonprofit organization in Washington State advocating for the rights and interests of pedestrians, is seeking an experienced trainer to present a pedestrian safety education curriculum to middle school physical education instructors throughout the State.Trainings will take place on a contract basis around Washington State from October 2011 to February 2012. The trainer will join a team of two others from Feet First and two bicycle safety educators from the Bicycle Alliance of Washington. The approximate number of trainings will be 2 to 4 per month.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Presenting a 6-hour training to up to 10 PE instructors and other school staff;
- Setting and preparing before each training;
- Coordinating with other trainers;
- Reporting back to Feet First about the training;
- Willingness to travel throughout Washington State; and
- Possibly a one-night stay in the area of the training.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to Feet First’s mission and work;
- Ability to lead in-classroom and physical education activities.
- Prior training experience;
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team;
- Experience working in public education settings;
- Knowledge Safe Routes to School programs is a plus; and
- Particular knowledge about physical education or middle school is also a plus.
This is a contract position that will be paid on a per-training basis at $175. All travel and lodging expenses will be paid and a per diem for meals is provided.
Email your resume and cover letter highlighting your training background to Lisa Quinn, Executive Director, at: email@example.com put in the subject line: Pedestrian Contract Trainer Position
For more information about Feet First visit:
This position will be open until filled.