Feet First has been commissioned by King County Metro in partnership with Steer Davies Gleave to manage an exciting new In Motion Travel Conversation Campaign.
Travel Advisor Job Purpose:
We are recruiting a team of Travel Advisors who will visit residents at their doorsteps over a ten week period in the Green Lake neighborhood of Seattle. Travel Advisors will be part of a skilled team who will be engaging with the public and encouraging people to travel in a more sustainable way, by offering tailored advice and information to help people who live in the targeted neighborhoods plan and make their trips by walking, taking the bus, carpooling and biking. The focus will be on encouraging healthy and active travel choices when making local trips and commuting.
- Undertake one on one conversations with individuals about local travel habits
- Keep accurate records of household details and conversation outcomes on paper
- Attend paid Travel Advisor training March 23-March 25
- Assist with other work as required by the Team Leader and Project Manager
- A friendly and approachable manner, and excellent verbal communication skills, including excellent listening skills
- Are happy to work outdoors and be mobile and active throughout the working day
- Good organization skills and excellent time management
- Knowledge of the local area
- Ability to work as part of a team and under your own initiative
- A flexible approach to working hours and tasks
Hours: Up to 30 hours per week /$15 per hour (from approx. March 23 – June 6)
Early evening and weekend work is required. Typical hours are 11:00am – 7:00pm Tuesdays-Thursdays, 10:00am – 6:00pm Fridays and Saturdays.
Part time positions are available and will be considered on a case by case basis.
Details for applying:
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume.
firstname.lastname@example.org in the subject line put “TRAVEL ADVISOR”
Attn: TRAVEL ADVISOR Position
314 First Avenue South
Seattle WA 98104
No phone calls, please.
Hiring is an a rolling basis. Interviewing will take place the week of March 16. This position is open until filled.