Feet First, the leading nonprofit organization advocating for the rights and interests of pedestrians in the Washington State, is seeking a new team member to serve as a Development Officer.
The Feet First Development Officer will be responsible for carrying out the marketing plan adopted by Feet First. Specifically, this includes increasing and cultivating Feet First members and corporate sponsors. The Development Officer will manage the tasks related to membership and development including seeking out new membership/sponsorship opportunities, entering donations into Salesforce database, pulling the data specified in the marketing plan, drafting fundraising communications, assisting with event planning, and serving as chair of the Marketing Committee.The Development Officer will also track the implementation of the marketing plan to date and work with the Executive Director to determine which pieces of the marketing plan will be implemented (informed by the data) and the discreet tasks that need to be accomplished for implementation to happen. The Development Officer will work with the board Marketing Committee to implement the plan.Feet First is located in Pioneer Square, Seattle in an open, creative green building. Feet First shares space with other non-profit and environmentally sustainable companies.
- Research sources of potential individual members such as employee giving programs or membership match programs.
- Send out ongoing membership renewal/new member communications.
- Support membership events such as the quarterly Walk & Talk.
- Coordinate meeting with members for the “listening tour.”
Increasing Corporate Sponsorship
- Identify potential sponsors for events and maps and contacting those companies/organizations to secure sponsorships.
- Identify companies that might have an affinity with Feet First and asking them to become corporate members.
- Develop relationships with corporate sponsors.
- Manage the membership page of the website and other marketing materials related to membership.
- Enter member data into Salesforce database.
- Serve as chair of the Marketing Committee (consisting of mostly board members), which includes scheduling and leading the monthly meeting, sharing marketing results, strategically reviewing upcoming marketing efforts, giving out and following up on assignments.
- Track and report out on data related to membership and marketing efforts.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a dynamic team.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS preferred
- Development or marketing experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with using customer relations management (CRM) databases (Salesforce knowledge preferred).
- Meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines; ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work; ability to work unsupervised and make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing.
- Ability to present, inform and motivate individuals and groups about Feet First’s mission and work.
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
This is a 12 hour per week hourly position. Benefits are not provided. The starting salary range is $15-$17 and is based on knowledge, skills and experience.
Submit cover letter, resume and one writing sample either by mail or email.Mail: Feet FirstATTN: Development Officer Position314 1st Avenue SouthSeattle, WA 98104
with pdf attachments
in subject line, please put: Development Officer Position
No phone calls, please.
Application deadline: 5:00 PM on Friday, August 19, 2011. Interviews for the position will take place the week of August 22, 2011. The starting date of this position is Tuesday, September 6, 2011.