The Feet First Walkable Washington Program recognizes and supports communities that strive to create walkable places throughout the state of Washington. The program showcases outstanding projects that promotes walking; for the maintains a statewide network for key contacts and stakeholders; and provides more communities with assistance to help create their own walkable spaces.
The program recognizes communities that are…
- Promoting walking as an important public policy
- Engaging their community in walking and physical activity
- Leading implementation of projects and programs that create more walk-friendly places
The program supports communities by…
- Showcasing outstanding projects on our website
- Facilitating collaboration and learning with an annual symposium and recognition event
- Providing assistance with safe routes to school, walking audits, and engagement programs
For more information, please click:
Walkable Washington Innovation Award
The Walkable Washington Innovation awards recognize outstanding projects from across the state that promotes healthy, livable and walkable communities. Award recipients are selected from a pool of nominees researched both internally and solicited from the public to represent a diversity of projects from the state of Washington.
To participate, please click:
Thank you for sharing your project and helping to create more places for people to walk. The stories you shared will be an inspiration for the rest of the Washington State to create projects supporting walking in their communities!