The Feet First Walkable Washington Program recognizes and supports communities that are working towards more walkable places throughout the state of Washington. The program showcases exceptional improvements to create more places to walk and promote walking; maintains a statewide network for key contacts and stakeholders including an annual symposium; and provides assistance with Safe Routes to School programs and policies, walking audits and other walking promotions and educational programs.
The program recognizes communities that are…
- Promoting walking as an important public policy
- Engaging their community in walking and physical activity
- Leading implementation of projects and programs that create more walk-friendly places
The program supports communities by…
- Showcasing outstanding projects on our website
- Facilitating collaboration and learning with an annual symposium and recognition event
- Providing assistance with safe routes to school, walking audits, and engagement programs
Walkable Washington Innovation Award
The Walkable Washington Innovation awards recognize outstanding projects from across the state that promotes healthy, livable and walkable communities. Award recipients are selected from a pool of nominees researched both internally and solicited from the public to represent a diversity of projects from the state of Washington.
To participate, please click:
Thank you for sharing your project and helping to create more places for people to walk. The stories you shared will be an inspiration for the rest of the Washington State to create projects supporting walking in their communities!