The Feet First Walkable Washington Program recognizes and supports communities that strive to create walkable places throughout the state of Washington. The program showcases outstanding projects that promotes walking; maintains a statewide network of key contacts and stakeholders; and provides more communities with assistance to help create their own walkable spaces.
The program recognizes communities that are…
- Promoting walking as an important public policy
- Engaging their community in walking and physical activity
- Leading implementation of projects and programs that create more walk-friendly places
The program supports communities by…
- Showcasing outstanding projects on our website
- Facilitating collaboration and learning with an annual symposium and recognition event
- Providing assistance with safe routes to school, walking audits, and engagement programs
For more information, please click:
Walkable Washington Innovation Award
The Walkable Washington Innovation awards recognize outstanding projects from across the state that promote healthy, livable and walkable communities. Award recipients are selected from a pool of nominees researched both internally and solicited from the public to represent a diversity of projects from the state of Washington.
To participate, please click:
The stories you share will be an inspiration across Washington State.