At the state level, Feet First supports legislation promoting the rights and interests of people walking and bringing us closer to the goal of making every neighborhood walkable. We participate in the annual Transportation Advocacy Day, where transportation activists from all over the state descend on Olympia to ask state legislators to support legislation promoting transportation alternatives. During the 2013 session, Feet First was part of a broad-based coalition that supported passage of a bill allowing local jurisdictions to set speed limits on residential streets at 20 miles per hour.
To incorporate more walking into plans and policies, we sit on several committees:
- Transportation Improvement Board
- Growing Transit Communities
- Alaska Way Viaduct South Portal
- Puget Sound Regional Council Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Seattle Schools Traffic Safety
- Safe Kids
- City of Seattle Road Safety Committee
Take a look at our Legislative Agenda.